Monday, May 17, 2004

 

This sounds familiar.

Have I met these people before? I do see a lot of blogs. I really should get a life.

But I know I'm not going to any time soon. Reading blogs is too much fun. I enjoy all the minutiae of people's lives, the anecdotes, the funny stories.

Now here's a funny thing. Once I was listening to a song that was like, twenty years old, one of those hoary old tunes that gets played over and over on golden oldies radio stations and you tend to sing along with it, hoping it will, like, go away. Well, I wasn't listening as such, I was just kind of being in the room when it was on.

And without even thinking about it, I realised I had been 'hearing' and therefore singing a wrong word in one of the lines for all of that time, and on this occasion, the correct word made itself apparent. Why, I have no idea.

Heather tells a similar story about her mother who had to have Steve Miller's Joker lyrics explained to her, having confused beaches with peaches.

Oh, now I know where I've met some of these folks. Heather has a theory about why Derek is evil. Thank god for comments - Derek gets the right of reply.

The masthead is a Lemony Snicket reference. What a great name for an author.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?