Wednesday, July 14, 2004

 

Feeling burned out? You're not alone.

Blogger burnout is the subject of this article from Wired.

It talks about the weight of expectation hanging heavy on bloggers' minds, to the extent in some cases, that people feel unwell if they don't blog regularly:

"I never can post something and say I'm done for the day," said Zuniga, "because I'm always thinking about the next post. I'm always feeling like I'm letting people down if I don't have any new stuff up on the site."

For bloggers like Zuniga, this is where burnout begins to creep in.


A piece of advice from The Ranger: do not fall into the trap of writing for someone else. Whether you get no comments or a hundred comments, you are writing for your own enjoyment. If it pleases (or annoys) others, that's just an extra bonus.

It's not a school assignment. It's something you do for fun. Enjoy it. Write for yourself and you will enjoy it more.




Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?